Website Terms and Conditions of Use
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.raeburnwaterwells.co.uk (our site).
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our site.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else.
- Our site is only for users in the UK.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our site.
- Do not rely on information on our site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- How we may use your personal information.
- Acceptable use.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Who we are and how to contact us
www.raeburnwaterwells.co.uk is a site operated by Raeburn Drilling & Geotechnical Ltd (“We”). We are registered in United Kingdom under company number SC094320 and have our registered office at East Avenue, Priestfield Industrial Estate, Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0JB. Our VAT number is 612 4859 42.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 01698 711177.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you retain a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- The Acceptable Use section below sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with these Acceptable Use terms.
If you purchase goods from our site, our terms and conditions of sale will apply to your order and the supply and sale of the goods.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 13 November 2020.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities or as necessary to reflect changes to our business.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential (Security Information). You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your account details, user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and product reviews. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on email@example.com.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of sale which can be provided on request.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload and/or contribute content or material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site (Contribution), you must comply with the content standards set out in this section.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- to only submit Contributions that comply with the law applicable in Scotland and in any country from which it is posted;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You warrant that any Contribution complies with those the above standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of this warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in this section.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content
Without limiting any of our rights and remedies elsewhere in these terms, where we consider that a breach of this section has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with these Acceptable Use terms constitutes a material breach of these terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in us taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal or your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you; and/or
- legal action against you.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Acceptable Use terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use terms.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
The terms and conditions of sale outlines the billing process and you can view it in full here
The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges, are as set out in the Order Confirmation or such other price as we may agree together in writing. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the goods displayed on the Website is correct. However please see clauses 8.3 and 8.4 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Goods that you order.
8.2 Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order. If the rate of VAT changes between your Order date and the date we supply the Goods, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the products in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
8.3 It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products that we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your Order so that, where the Goods’ correct price at your Order date is less than our stated price at your Order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your Order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your Order.
8.4 If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any Goods provided to you.
8.5 Please note that we accept payment with Paypal, or via Opayo with Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard. All payments made, whether they are made on the Website or over the telephone, are also subject to the terms and conditions of our chosen payment processing providers Paypal or Opayo, formerly Sage Pay.